CLEAR published a newsletter called CLEAR News twice each year. PDFs of past issues for CLEAR’s last four grant cycles are linked below as an archive, since many of the newsletter topics have enduring value for language educators.
Sixth Grant Cycle: 2014-2018
- Fall 2014: CLEAR awarded funding for 2014-18
- Spring 2015: Strategies for flipping communicative language classes
- Fall 2015: Can-do statements for a basic language program
- Spring 2016: Celebrating twenty years of service to language education
- Fall 2016: Are some languages really more difficult to learn?
- Spring 2017: How learning a new language improves tolerance
- Fall 2017: Project-based language learning: In pursuit of authentic connections
- Spring 2018: Surviving technology in today’s language classroom
Fifth Grant Cycle: 2010-2014
- Fall 2010: Trends in teaching pronunciation
- Spring 2011: 21st century language teaching: Rich Internet Applications for language learning
- Fall 2011: CLEAR sustains 50% funding cut
- Spring 2012: CLEAR’s Rich Internet Applications take off!
- Fall 2012: Learning strategies for world language students
- Spring 2013: Engaging world language students through service-learning
- Fall 2013: CLEAR’s VAULTT: Video Assistance for Understanding Language Teaching Techniques
- Spring 2014: Using authentic materials in the beginning language classroom
Fourth Grant Cycle: 2006-2010
- Fall 2006: Diagnostic assessment in language teaching and learning
- Spring 2007: Distance learning: Friend or foe?
- Fall 2007: Error correction in the second language classroom
- Spring 2008: The case for banned technology in the language classroom
- Fall 2008: Making the most of online translators in foreign language classes
- Spring 2009: Language advocacy: It’s everybody’s business!
- Fall 2009: Teaching and learning idioms: The big picture
- Spring 2010: Celebrate the world’s languages: Begin a tradition at your school
Third Grant Cycle: 2002-2006
- Fall 2002: Processing instruction: New perspectives on input and grammar
- Spring 2003:
- Fall 2003:
- Spring 2004: Learning scenarios: The new foreign language curriculum
- Fall 2004: The underestimated importance of vocabulary in the foreign language classroom
- Spring 2005: FAQs and fictions about computers and language teaching
- Fall 2005: Promoting motivation in the foreign language classroom
- Spring 2006: The Year of Languages: What’s the next step? (plus CLEAR’s 10-year retrospective)