This workbook is designed to assist language instructors who develop their own tests. Explanations of different possible test items are accompanied by a variety of examples. The workbook explains basic concepts involved in language test development. This valuable resource supplies more than a thousand models for test items. Workbook chapters with a brief description of each follow.
For the inexperienced language test writer, these materials provide a solid introduction to language test development. For the experienced test writer, they offer an extensive variety of possible language test items.
- Unit 1: Rules for Item Writing
- Unit 2: Test Purposes
- Unit 3: Test Item Grid
- Unit 4: Detailed Text-Based Item Design Tables
- Unit 5: Detailed Oral/Aural Item Design Tables
- Unit 6: Test Specifications
- Unit 7: The Test Development Process and Test Administration
Product Download: Test Development Workbook