We are pleased to announce a limited number of stipends, which will be made available to foreign language teachers who wish to attend CLEAR’s on-campus workshops in July 2014. Stipends will be awarded on a sliding scale to language educators who otherwise might not be able to take advantage of our professional development workshops. The number and amount of stipends awarded is dependent on the number of applications received Stipends will include a tuition waiver for workshop fees as well as funding that can be used toward travel and accommodations. In accordance with CLEAR’s grant mandate, preference will be given to teachers of less commonly taught languages. Preference will be given to LCTL teachers. Paired applications from LCTL teachers wishing to attend the workshop on using authentic materials in the classroom (i.e., two teachers of the same language wishing to attend the workshop together) will also be given special consideration.
Application deadline: June 1, 2014
For application procedure, click here.
- CLEAR's 2014 summer workshops have been posted. We hope you'll take advantage of these great professional development opportunities.
- CLEAR personnel will be exhibiting and/or presenting at these upcoming conferences:
- Central States Conference on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (CSCTFL) St. Louis, MO, March 20-22, 2014
- Computer Assisted Language Instruction Consortium (CALICO) Athens, OH, May 6-10, 2014
- Michigan World Language Association (MIWLA) Lansing, MI, October 23-24, 2014
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) San Antonio, TX, November 21-23, 2014